YouTube Promotion For Mobile Games Explained
Youtube Promotion For Mobile Games Explained
How many times a day do you see Youtube video ads? If you’re not using ad-blocker, we would guess the answer is a lot. The best way you can spend your money when you’re advertising your mobile game is through video ads.
They’re short, effective and proven to be the best type of promotion since they’re appreciated by users. Just imagine how many times you’ve watched your favorite Youtuber and suddenly there’s a video ad for Clash Royale.
If you want to play a new mobile game, is a 30 second video preview going to help you out in your decision? Of course it’s going to help you out, it’s going to be a deciding factor.
According to Google, nearly two-thirds of shoppers say video has given them ideas for purchases, and more than 90% of them say they’ve discovered these products and brands on YouTube.
Youtube Gets a Billion Views per Day
Google states that on mobile alone, YouTube reaches more 18-49 year-olds than any broadcast or CABLE TV network. And according to Youtube, the average mobile viewing session lasts more than 40 minutes and the average number of mobile YouTube video views per day is 1,000,000,000.
With having these numbers in mind, I believe we convinced you enough to invest your time and money into Youtube video ads. There’s a reason why nowadays Youtube puts ads in the middle of their videos. It’s hard to grab attention from viewers so they need to be interrupted in their watching experience.
What to Have in Mind Before Making a Video?
Imagine that there’s a possibility you’ve invested years of development into making your mobile game. Those years need to be shortened into 30 seconds. You need to highlight the strongest features of your app.
If you developed a car racing game, try to make a playable ad that lets users race in those 30 seconds. Important thing to note is that you don’t need to limit yourself in 30 seconds, you can make your videos even shorter since it might be easier for you to catch users attention.
Also a strong point for youtube promotion is that you need to explain how your game works. If you’re making a playable ad, remember to make a short tutorial before users start playing.
Many developers look at their competitors and how they’re making video ads. It’s a smart thing to do since you don’t want to copy someones work. It’s definitely not rewarding and it’s considered unoriginal.
If you’re concerned about your budget for Youtube promotion, don’t waste money for making something mediocre. If your development team isn’t experienced in video editing, hire someone to do it for you. No matter how much it costs, it will pay off when you start to see users coming in. It’s better to pay more for a professional video ad, than to invest more money into advertising with having a low budget video.
YouTube Promotion Ads That Suit Your Needs
- Display Ads – They appear to the right of the feature video and above the video suggestions list. For larger players, this ad may appear below the player. They are made for desktops.
Size: 300×250 or 300×60
- Overlay Ads – Semi-transparent overlay ads that appear on the lower 20% portion of your video. They are made for desktops.
Size: 468×60 or 728×90 image ads or text
- Skippable Video Ads – Skippable video ads allow viewers to skip ads after 5 seconds, if they choose. Inserted before, during, or after the main video. They are made for desktops, mobile devices, TVs and game consoles.
Size: Plays in a video player
- Non-Skippable Video Ads. Non-skippable video ads must be watched before your video can be viewed. These ads can appear before, during, or after the main video. They are made for desktops and mobile devices.
Size: Plays in a video player, 15 or 20 seconds in length, depending on regional standards.
- Bumper Ads – Non-skippable video ads of up to 6 seconds that must be watched before your video can be viewed. They are made for desktops and mobile devices.
Size: Plays in video player, up to 6 seconds long
- Sponsored cards – Sponsored cards display content that may be relevant to your video, such as products featured in the video. Viewers will see a teaser for the card for a few seconds. They can also click the icon in the top right corner of the video to browse the cards. They are made for desktops and mobile devices:
Size: Card sizes vary
This information is provided by Google on their support page.
Youtube Promotion Is The Present and The Future
If you’ve decided to make a youtube video ad we believe that we gave you valuable information today. It’s one of the best practices to promote your mobile game and we believe that depending on this post you’ll know how to make one and choose the best format for your business. Good luck and we wish you all the best for your game and your development team!